“I know how to get people to join my membership site, but if members keep cancelling at this rate, how can I be successful?”
If you've said this, you're not alone.
Lowering your churn rate by just a small amount can have an ENORMOUS impact on your bottom line. According to Harvard Business Review, increasing customer retention rates by 5% increases profits by 25% to 95% (source). Not to mention, new members are expensive to acquire: it costs seven times as much to bring on a new customer as it does to keep an existing one.
To lower churn, you’ve got to know how engaged your members are – the life of your business depends on it.
- Do you track member engagement?
- Is your tracking accurate?
- Do you have systems in place to re-engage with members who are slipping away?
- Are you able to address churn in your business without adding another massive task to your plate?
- Does tackling engagement related churn come naturally to you?
- Is your customer lifetime value high enough for paid acquisition to be a profitable channel?
- Do you feel like your churn rate is under control and not eating away at your profits?
We want you to be able to answer each of these questions with a resounding YES! But to do that, you need to get a grip on your members' engagement levels and have a way to reach the exact people who are slipping away with timely, relevant, and compelling messaging.
But right now you don’t have a way to do that, and you sure as hell don’t have time.
You know the importance of lowering your churn rate. You pay attention to your members and do your best to keep them around. But that’s just not enough, is it?
What if you could lower engagement-related churn with little to no effort, with the most accurate engagement data available?
You may already be using a tool like Churn Buster or Profitwell Retain to take care of involuntary (aka credit card) churn while you sleep. But what about members who churn because they become unengaged with your offering?
How much better would you sleep at night knowing that there’s a tool working around the clock to pinpoint your least engaged members, automatically reaching out to them, and working hard to get them back on track for the long haul?
- No more late night dates with giant spreadsheets filled with login data to see which individuals need some TLC.
- Automatically reaching out to members who are slipping away, so they re-engage with your site and stick around longer.
- No more wondering if members (and which ones) are consuming your content – and which ones are your “power users” who deserve extra personal attention.
- Sending targeted email messages to members based on what they have (or haven’t) done, without lifting a finger..
- Knowing who your most engaged members are, so you can target them for upsells.
- Making more money – a lot more – than you are now.
While you’re dreaming of how nice that would be, what if you knew that member churn was being predicted and that something was being done about it on your behalf, before members cancel?
We created MemberScore after a decade of frustration with engagement related churn at a seven figure membership site. The pain of knowing we would have reached 8 figures annually if we had the right tools to bring disengaged members back to the site still haunts us today.
It’s like missing out on the benefits of compound interest in our retirement fund. We had the best content, an amazing community, and had taken advantage of all the low hanging fruit to reduce our churn problem.
There wasn’t anywhere else to turn, but people were still leaving almost as fast as we could acquire their replacements.
That’s why we created MemberScore. No membership site owner should suffer through the constant struggle created by churn without proper tools to help combat it. You have enough on your plate.
When you use MemberScore to track member engagement, you get the benefit of using a tool that was purpose built to help you maximize your membership site’s revenue potential.
But MemberScore doesn’t just track and tell you how engaged your members are. That’s great, but it’s not enough by itself.
MemberScore also lets you automate the process of reaching out to members whose level of engagement has dropped, and help get them re-connected with your site.
You are not the Chief Executive Churn Reducer. You have a business to run.
See how MemberScore takes the guesswork out of member engagement and will get to work on lowering your churn right away.
MemberScore is a new product from Member Up, a membership consultancy trusted and recommended by:
So what does MemberScore actually do?
The short version: MemberScore tracks what your members do, and uses that to calculate an engagement score (which is updated on a daily basis).
The long version: your members interact with you and your content in a number of ways:
- Visiting your site
- Watching videos
- Reading content
- Opening your emails
- Clicking on links in those emails
- Starting new topics in your discussion forums
- Replying to other members in your discussion forums
When taken together, all of those actions paint a picture of how engaged each member is over time. And when those engagement levels drop, that member is at risk of cancelling. Conversely, when engagement levels are high, a member is ripe for an upsell.
MemberScore tracks each of those actions (depending on the platforms you use for membership, email, and forums), and calculates an aggregate engagement score fore each member based on the past 30 days of actions. That score is then updated on a daily basis, so we can see a trend in engagement score over time.
If that score drops below a threshold of your choosing (dont' worry – we help with this part), MemberScore will kick off an automated re-engagement email sequence (at your direction) to bring that member "back in" and make them far less likely to cancel.
That last part – triggering automated re-engagement emails – that's the real magic of MemberScore. With our automation triggers, you can rest assured that while you focus on the daily grind of running your membership business, MemberScore will remain vigilant on your behalf and ruthlessly fight against churn.
And don't worry: we provide email templates for those re-engagement emails, so if you're dreading having to put together yet more content, we've got your back.
What does MemberScore integrate with?
- Restrict Content Pro
- WooCommerce Memberships
- AccessAlly – coming soon
Start tracking engagement today
What MemberScore does for you
- Tracks your members' engagement levels across multiple platforms and assigns a rolling engagement score to each member
- Automagically triggers a re-engagement email sequence (we provide the templates!) to help bring those members who have become unengaged over time, back in to active participation on your site
- Filters members based on actions they have or have not taken so you can send the right messages, to the right members, at the right time
- Track and understand what actions turn members of your site into power users vs. actions/inactions members take that lead to churn/cancellations. This information enables you to adjust your onboarding and retention strategy to push members along the path to become a power users, and steer new members clear of the path to cancellation.
Easily filter members based on actions and tags
MemberScore includes a powerful filtering tool, so you can easily target, say, members who haven't yet posted in your discussion forums for further outreach efforts.
MemberScore also supports adding arbitrary tags to members, which you can then use for things like cohort analysis: for instance, tag all members who signed up from a particular webinar and track their engagement as a cohort to compare to other marketing channels.
MemberScore includes email templates for everything you need
It's easy for us to say "send great emails to your members!" But the reality is you're busy running a business, and don't need yet another thing on your to-do list.
That's why we include email templates for every kind of email you need to send your members. And if you're not sure how to customize them for your business, just shoot us a message and we'll guide you through it!
Easily add, edit, and remove automation rules
This is where I put on my nerd glasses and get excited... automation rules are what makes MemberScore really powerful. With our automation rules, you don't have to constantly check on how members are doing. You just set up the automations, and let them run.
Of course, it's good to check on things and tweak them occasionally – but don't worry, we can help you make adjustments as needed, and we will even prompt you to update your re-engagement sequences so the stay up to date and relevant for your members"
Connecting to your email service provider is a breeze
Integrating with Drip, ActiveCampaign, ConvertKit, and Mailchimp (and more on the way!), MemberScore makes it a breeze to kick off highly targeted recovery and upsell sequences to boost your bottom line.
And if you need any help getting things set up, we'll happily step in and guide you through the whole process.
Target members who are ripe for an upsell
MemberScore obviously helps lower your churn rate, but – just as powerful – it also helps boost your upsell percentage.
Kick off custom upsell sequences targeted at members who are highly engaged and most likely to convert with our automation sequences.