“I know how to get people to join my membership site, but if members keep cancelling at this rate, how can I be successful long term?”
If you've said this, you're not alone.
Lowering your churn rate by just a small amount can have an ENORMOUS impact on your bottom line. According to Harvard Business Review, increasing customer retention rates by 5% increases profits by 25% to 95% (source). Not to mention, new members are expensive to acquire: in many cases it costs seven times as much to bring on a new customer as it does to keep an existing one.
To lower churn, you’ve got to know how engaged your members are – and do something about it! The life of your business depends on it.
You pay attention to your members and do your best to keep them around. But that’s just not enough, is it?
What if you could lower engagement-related churn with very little effort, with the most accurate member engagement data available?
- No more late night dates with giant spreadsheets filled with login data to see which individuals need some TLC.
- Easily reaching out to members who are slipping away, so they re-engage with your site and stick around longer.
- No more wondering which members are consuming your content – and which ones are your “power users” who deserve extra personal attention.
- Having the right data to send targeted email messages to members based on what they have (or haven’t) done within your membership site.
- Knowing who your most engaged members are, so you can target them for upsells.
- Making more money – a lot more – than you are now.
We created MemberScore after a decade of frustration with engagement related churn at a seven figure membership site. The pain of knowing we would have reached 8 figures annually if we had the right tools to bring disengaged members back to the site still haunts us today.
It felt like we missed out on the benefits of compound interest in our retirement fund. We had the best content, an amazing community, and had taken advantage of all the low hanging fruit to reduce our churn problem.
There wasn’t anywhere else to turn, but people were still leaving almost as fast as we could acquire their replacements.
We created MemberScore because no membership site owner should suffer through the constant struggle created by churn without proper tools to help combat it. You have enough on your plate.
So what does MemberScore actually do?
MemberScore tracks how your members engage with your site, and uses that data to calculate an engagement score which is updated on a daily basis.
Your members interact with you and your content in a number of ways:
- Visiting your site
- Watching videos
- Reading content
- Opening your emails
- Clicking on links in those emails
- Starting new topics in your discussion forums
- Replying to other members in your discussion forums
When taken together, all of those actions paint a picture of how engaged each member is over time. And when those engagement levels drop, that member is at risk of cancelling. Conversely, when engagement levels are high, a member is ripe for an upsell.
MemberScore sends you a weekly member engagement report with actionable insights and recommendations so you can give the attention necessary to those who are slipping away, and also make appropriate and timely upsell offers to your power users.
No logging in or trying to navigate yet another complicated tool. Everything you need comes straight to your inbox and action is just a click away.
Your weekly engagement report includes:
- Average engagement score of all your members
- Graph of historic average engagement scores over time
- A csv file of all members who have recently dropped in engagement and need attention, ready to import into your email software
- A csv file of all members who have recently increased in engagement and are ripe for an upsell, ready to import into your email software
- Easy access to re-engagement and upsell email templates
Take the guesswork out of member engagement and get to work on lowering your churn right away
Get on the waitlist today for our next available round of onboarding
MemberScore is a new product from Member Up, a membership consultancy trusted and recommended by:
What does MemberScore integrate with?
- Restrict Content Pro
- WooCommerce Memberships
- AccessAlly – coming soon